View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

We often use the brain and mind interchangeably. That is like saying the galaxy is the same as the universe. It is not. The galaxy like the brain is a very tiny component of the human mind/consciousness. In my view it is the veil which keeps us from grander awareness.

Now what explores externally is your 3rd eye. That is the source for your intuition, inclination, instincts, and All your creative ideas. Solutions come to you through that 3rd eye along with heart centered reflection. The brain likes to keep you in the dark, so that you are as frustrated as it is.

Mind over matter is not as brain related as we are taught. The brain is a computer where we process memories.

This is a very interesting subject for me. I am glad you have a thread about it.

John

I embarked on this enquiry some years ago as I wanted to understand the resonance with the idea all is one that ended the feeling of disconnection for me. For me it was clearly the mind seeking externally. I have some experience of third eye and it was nothing like that for me. There are various definitions of mind out there. I don't usually get into that but prefer to focus on how the purpose and function of mind feels, my experience of it. I realize that this is mind focusing on itself so terms like I, my, and me are mind talking about itself, to itself.

It feels like it is mind that resonates (another way of saying that the possible solution being considered seems the best option for the character I serve) But mind is still working on this so the views of others (other minds) is interesting.