View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
Skimming through the Forums found a thread titled "Has God forsaken us?" . Which made me wonder, have we forsaken God by mocking him/her/it ? I mean we as creations are trying to make ourselves physically immortal, hacking our bodies, to upload our minds into robots, advanced AI, curing disease, also to create robots like us, destroying other living beings, the environment and this planet? Isn't this mocking God's creation since he/she/it hasn't invented such things?
I would say that some have "forsaken God" and some have not. Some believe, but have absolutely no faith and some disbelieve, so that their lack of faith is fully justified.

Some will say that a loving God would not allow suffering to happen, so either there IS no God, or God is Satan pretending to be God. Others will say they have personally experienced God's Love and Grace to know that God has a plan for humanity which goes beyond the limited human mind to grasp such things. Others will say that these people are "delusional" or "crazy" and so the concept of "demonic possession" was created so as to make others not personally responsible for saying bad things against God or those who worship Him.

I personally love and believe in God...and I don't really care what anybody else has to say about that.

In fact, I can PROVE that we are not all "one" and each of us is "separate" due to the totally incongruous and irreconcilable differences of experiences and understandings each one of us has on a daily basis...because I am forever in the verbal expression of the mantra "I am not you and you are not me" whenever somebody says "what I would do if I were you is..." or "I reject your reality and substitute my own"...so I gave up trying to find any "commonality" with my fellow human beings ages ago, because doing that just wasn't working out...

So, I try not to forsake God AS God (and not what He only appears to be)...I still realise that I could be doing a lot more in that department though.