View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 07:58 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
As more than sixty percent of the human body is water, it is possible that the moon is bound to have an influence on the body. Tides are higher during full moon nights. I used to wonder over the significance of the full moon in spiritual practice, and I suppose this may be the rationale behind it.
Yes, in in a word. This is the origins of the werewolf legend, people have been known to go crazy during a full moon because the gravitational effects of the moon has altered the water in the brain. I used to work in mental health and knew people who went bonkers during the full moon. Spirituality begins in the brain.

There are all kinds of Pagan rituals associated with moon cycles and not just witchcraft - which is why one of the reasons the number thirteen gets so much bad press and the calendar months are so messy. There used to be thirteen months to the calendar year based on the lunar cycle but because the Roman Catholic church had such a fixation against the number thirteen, they took Ophiucius out of the astral calendar and now there is no healer.