Thread: Theosophy
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 02:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHawksWell
Oh that's interesting. FallingLeaves, I see it was you who responded to a post of mine back in December. I had written that given all belief is simply a choice we make for ourselves, why not believe in the best instead of the worst? You replied with a statement about optimism (belief in the best) as "self-serving super-hype," and a further comment that "the bubble IS going to burst."

It sounds like you struggle with remaining positive. That's a difficult one, I did as well for many years. It's a real soul-struggle of our times in truth, for millions if not billions of people on this planet. All the best.

i was going to post something elsewhere to night but felt that I shouldn't.

But since you are on about it here, one of the points was that I feel that 'positiveness' as practiced by people is rife with the notion of how to get things and/or how to get others to give you things, as well as dreams of what the future can be like... and as it turns out if you want a truly unimpeded view of what is here/now you don't have any choice but to step away from notions of what you can get for yourself, or notions of a rosy future. Step away from positiveness as practiced by the world. Not that that seems like a valid choice though...

But also it is darned *hard* to be positive and the ONLY motivation I can find for going to the effort is that others say they would appreciate me more if I were like them and just went for it. But I know from experience, that being what others want me to be jsut for the prospect of getting kudos isn't for me... because quite honestly, any time I've tried it took a lot of effort, then the others didn't even pay up. And I am definitely not going to assume that future effort will be rewarded any more than past effort was at this point. What was that about the definition of insanity?

So I guess positivity isn't for me. At least not the way you are likely to be defining the word. (shrugs).