Thread: Theosophy
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
(bemusedly) i don't know which is worse - people not saying there is something to have or what the expectations are to get it... but being very 'in your face' once they can say that some 'valuable opportunity' has passed you by

or people saying quite clearly what to and what you are going to get, then rigging the game so it isn't possible to do valuable things or get valuable results.

But I guess I get what I deserve.

Sigh.
A good place to start to get clarity with your questions would be to click on the link the OP provided in post #146. The first article is entitled, "The Life-Changing Effects of Optimism." This is really the very opposite of "I get what I deserve, sigh" capitulation. Freely choosing optimism as a path, one learns to see and experience that all life is indeed shaped via one's choices: by the beliefs one chooses to hold onto (or not hold onto), and by the degree with which one steps consciously and purposefully into life.

There is no game and life certainly is not rigged. There are of course karmic considerations, yes. But we all have those. And while our karma cannot hold us back, it can bind us if we let it. We can choose indolence, and we can choose not to progress, and we can choose capitulation. But it's not life or karma that does that; that's simply the individual, choosing that for themselves. And quite often choosing it out of a place of negativity and pessimism. Thus the appropriateness and wisdom of article.