View Single Post
Old 20-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
If you're going to use a source you should site it and not misrepresent it by presenting it out of context and as your own. The bold red is from the source and the rest is yours. The important thing is not what you added but what you subtracted, and that's the part about the purpose of Neti Neti being that it annihilates ego and the world as non-self (Anatman), it annihilates our sense of self. The purpose is discernment between Atman and Anatman, That's Step 1 described in my above reply.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_neti

Neti neti negates all descriptions about the Ultimate Reality but not the Reality itself. Intuitive interpretation of uncertainty principle can be expressed by "Neti neti" that annihilates ego and the world as non-self (Anatman), it annihilates our sense of self altogether.

Your post is an illustration it's not easy to understand on an intellectual basis without some amount of study. In short it's saying the ego-self is not It (Self), and without that discernment the teachings are useless and instead of a proper understanding of Step 2 in my above reply one ends up with superimposition of the ego-self and Self.

In essence you're not disagreeing with me. Your'e disagreeing with the tenets of Advaita. As I've suggested numerous times it requires a good deal of study to even begin to grasp its implications and a good deal of dedication to practice in order to realize them. It's not going to be hashed out and realized here, but I'm more than willing to have civil discourse on the topic.

As presented at SAND (Science and Non Duality): Two Steps to the Not-Two: Swami Sarvapriyananda https://youtu.be/kPdsAPlK2Js

The teaching is given in two steps—first, the well known 'neti, neti' 'not this, not this' leading to the realization of our spiritual nature and second, seeing that this newly discovered spiritual nature is nondual. Clarity about both steps is necessary to realize nonduality (Advaita). My talk will aim at achieving this clarity.

These are not my words but those of an ordained Advaita monk, well-versed in the philosophy and fluent in Sanskrit.
I made it my own through realization and I was not taking net neti out of context.

My neti neti context was/is within the same context as Adi Shankara , the foremost Advaita philosophers who advocated the neti-neti approach and my neti neti was is in relation/context to my OP (which, by the way is about the Self, not "ego self") and to other posts I posted in this thread!

Sure I should have quoted the source, my bad. My source was not wikipedia. My source was: https://www.wisdomlib.org/definition/neti-neti

Of course Neti neti does not negate ultimate reality/the right here and right now, That is common sense, especially since I have been discussing it on this forum.

What did I say about labels and mental concepts, such as ego, mind, duality and the rest of it, keeping in relation/context to my OP and to other posts I posted in this thread? None of them matters because all of them is purely subjective information, beliefs, conditioning, biases etc etc, which are left wide open to misunderstanding and none of them is required to intellectually understand/know the right here and right now-none of them are the right here and right now, when you separate and divide the right here and right now, by labeling and by creating a concept for the right here and right now.

If you want to have an honest, sincere and authentic discussion, do not deflect the topic/subject of this thread. Duality, ego-mind, intellect and other labels and concepts are a distraction/deflection away from the truth of the right here and right now., And they make you think more, not less.