View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The ego-self (Ahamakara, I-maker) is at the heart of duality. I, me, mine. Not me, not mine.

I'm not even saying it's necessarily a bad thing as the Ramakrishna order (and Vivekananda) embrace(d) the idea all paths are valid and have as their goal the same end. I'm only saying it's helpful to know one's path otherwise the possibility of getting confused or lost is ever present.

Pick a path, understand the path, follow the path. Following one path and conflating it with another has to introduce a great deal of cognitive dissonance and just doesn't seem a good or helpful approach.
Duality, and non-duality are irrelevant. Duality, non-duality and ego-mind are one. Being one or oneness means being one and oneness is not separate from anything.

You talk about the ego-mind and oneness, yet you keep pointing to the mind's subjective concepts of duality and ego-mind, yes, even ego-mind is a subjective concept/label of mind.

Subjective concepts of truth are for those ego-minds who do not know truth/have not experienced truth for themselves.