View Single Post
Old 29-10-2022, 01:00 PM
Master
I’ll say it doesn’t matter what we believe in or not. Beliefs are a function of mind, of conditioning and subject to change, besides being limited.

Do we need to believe in the rising sun, in our breath, our aliveness? No. We feel it, know it. Likewise it is with God.

We have our own path we need to walk on. It is a guided process. Now, in my understanding, based on experiences I’ve had and so true for me (need not be for anyone else), God alone is, a singular consciousness. Call it nonduality, the one manifest as many.

The form we have assumes a temporary life of its own, which we call ego or identity. The ego wishes to know the truth but clings to the mind-body vehicle which it ‘owns’. Thus, we search without letting go of the shore, metaphorically speaking.

Any practice requires surrender, acceptance, cessation. So we do it partly in meditation etc but there’s always a residual identity present, except perhaps in deep Samadhi. The problem is in searching for or becoming what we already are, meaning all is one and there is no one here.

At the level of manifestations, two highly spiritually people I know first hand as good friends, well, they’ve interacted with Jesus, Buddha, Shiva, Vishnu, Maha Avatar Babaji, Yukteswar Giri and many more the ethereal domain. I rely on an affirmation of Yukteswar Giri ‘The presence of form in any realm or domain signals unfulfilled desire’.

So what is God? We must find out ourselves because someone else’s experience is not ours, it is at best a signpost (if we trust the source).