View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 07:15 AM
Master

I am no expert on Trauma, all I can go on are the interventions that worked for me which are meeting key people in the form of Counsellors, Artists, Monks/Nuns
and Spiritual teachers. In my experience you meet a handful of these in your lifetime, people you feel you can trust with your life. In reality you probably ever
only meet 2 or 3 of them. They are quite critical in the healing of Trauma and they keep the sufferer alive and supported till something new has grown back.
Also my experience of Trauma has been that there was a part of me that wished to return to former version of myself, a better version before the 'Trauma' took place.
Obviously this could be trickier if you want to explore childhood Trauma but I'm talking specifically about relationship break ups and stuff like that which is definitely linked
to childhood Trauma too.

Anyway this idea and it's probably a hardwired idea that we are going to find a better version of ourselves in the form of the version that went into that relationship
I have found to be painful and a bit bogus tbh. It just doesn't happen imo but as I say is hardwired so is kind of unavoidable.

You become wiser and more loving hopefully as you grow but you never go back. You are scarred I think not in a very bad way of course, a line from a Bob Dylan always reminded
of this fact in the Song "Not Dark Yet" when he says, I've still got the scars that the sun didn't heal. I could say alot more and probably will, it's a deeply profound subject. :)

Ps. Also the line in that Dylan Song "Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain" actually the whole song is a bloody masterpiece describing the pain of Trauma. Woww. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBHyE18L3o

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge