View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 12:45 AM
Rameses

Post The incoherent compassion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
The search to find what your process within seeks can take you far and wide.
....The ‘calling’....I read your words, I see that your own judgment and belief stifle that idea...Death....growth....letting go takes away....our choices affect the whole as growth for all....welcome growth....Sometimes the mind decides things are not positive....

I'm not sure if you are on the level of the problematic that's raised in this Thread.

I would first keep praising you for your acumen in judging the supposed judgments that would inhabit me. As well as the supposed beliefs with which you endow me and which I do not perceive despite the best will of your servant.

All the remarks that you detail run through me in the same way that they embody you.
And it is not unpleasant to read you when that resonates with numerous ideas that accompany me.

Yes, the process, the quest you are telling, makes perfect sense.
Research, call, new creations, death, growth, letting go, choice, etc., I answer yes and a thousand times yes.

It's common to see spiritual masters abandoning family and children when the call of the divine consumes even the duties towards our loved ones.

That is not the question.

I am talking here about a master advocating a concept that he did not apply in his path of awakening, and who would subsequently come to propose a methodology inconsistent with his own biography.
It's the arms salesman who would have made a fortune, and who'd come to me against the dangerousness of arms.
Something rings false.

When the Mahayana Master Nan Huai-chin tells me that "He who is only interested in himself, who is a perfect egoist without harming others is able to pacify the world", that "Listen well to this : the way of Buddhism is to seek one's salvation and self-interest first," my translation, in his book "如何修佛法, Ruhe xiuzheng fofa", I say he understood the biography of the Buddha.
And a reasonable path.

Last edited by Rameses : 06-08-2022 at 01:36 AM.