View Single Post
Old 27-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Horse
There's two points I'd like to make.
Firstly -that what ever happened in my past, had to be. It was God given, and has value. A mistake that has to be paid for or an experience that was gifted to me to evolve through and bring into balance? (no matter how long it takes) - perhaps that's just an issue of perspective.

Secondly, I'm fascinated by the type of characters who get involved in heavy drugs. Whether the people I've known personally or the ones I’'ve watched from afar. They seem to me, to be the type of people who, when given a prominent connection to their spirit fly through the process of learning and self knowledge. There's a tangible hunger in them, serious searchers before and after awakening. Prior to awakening, they hold a misplaced belief in drugs being an authentic means of connection.

We've got a society where drugs (insert any addiction here - sex, booze, gambling, etc) are rife at a time when we are led to believe you don't even get a ticket on to this planet unless you've seriously got something to offer.

There's a link here - I like to think of it as a whole heap of fuel waiting to be ignited into light. Once the hunger is turned in the right direction - the fire will be immense.

Hi seahorse, great first post my friend, as far as your second point is concerned you could well be right.
As regards your first point, in my opinion (so it could be a load of **** and probably is) Although our lives are god given, we all have free will, we have a choice. What we do with that choice is important, the higher we go, I believe, the correctness of our choices become more and more important. Or matbe the less good choices add some miles to our path. We need to face up to free will and begin to stop making excuses and start making better choices or our advancement will be limited. (well thats what I believe anyhow, but it was still a fab post sea horse it made me think and that is very important, because the stuff I wrote above I didn`t realise until I read your post, so thankl you.)