View Single Post
Old 28-03-2020, 12:59 PM
ketzer

I do currently believe in the 5th dimension because it fits in well scientifically with how I understand reality to work. Something like I quoted below, although I don't really like the idea of "compacting" these extra dimensions. It seems to me that is more of a way to stay within a materialist point of view which is not necessary outside that view point. I suspect we are actually navigating through the 5th dimension now, but are only aware of the 4 dimensions of space-time. Kind of like how the lab rat sees the maze vs how it looks when observed from above.

Quote:
"According to Superstring Theory, the fifth and sixth dimensions are where the notion of possible worlds arises. If we could see on through to the fifth dimension, we would see a world slightly different from our own that would give us a means of measuring the similarity and differences between our world and other possible ones.

In the sixth, we would see a plane of possible worlds, where we could compare and position all the possible universes that start with the same initial conditions as this one (i.e. the Big Bang). In theory, if you could master the fifth and sixth dimension, you could travel back in time or go to different futures."
FMI: https://phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.html