View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by deLord
Thanks for all the replies so far. I have read and heard many of the things you are writing here, yet I cannot help but sometimes think "how do they know?", since I can never tell -at the very least on the internet- when someone is paraphrasing book-knowledge or speaking from real, correctly interpreted experience. My path led me deep into many lies of this world so I came to question absolutely everything. EVERYTHING but that's totally not to discredit anyone or any statement. It's just an epistemic program that I had to install at some time.

I mean sure, I am relatively new on the spiritual path but still I always feel there is something wrong with "you have to dedicate your whole life (30 years+) to achieve these states". Why would the intelligence that created us employ such difficult circumstances in which you basically miss all the rest creation has to offer? Plus I don't know how enlightenment feels vs having a good LSD trip for example (which is the closest I can say I came to pure bliss). That of course would be a completely new topic in itself; just saying that maybe there are other, quicker ways of achieving the same state. But only someone who experienced both states can judge that :)

Taking LSD, etc. can help but what you get is mostly visual 'things' like being able to see Auras. Siddhas as you have been talking about, I would say, can not be achieved by drugs. From what I have seen, it can only be accomplished by quieting the mind.

Quote:
Anyone has any idea on why stillness is THAT important? For the rational mind this is not understandable. I am working on stillness of the mind but it's so hard

When I was a child, I used to get whipped almost everyday by my Step-Father. Sounds terrible except after I would say less then 1 year of getting whipped, all of a sudden, I no longer felt the pain. When I was 17/18 years old, he took a hand selected 2 X 4 which was 8' long and broke it over my back. I felt nothing. Even to this day, I can still see his astonished face. When I was 18 years old, the school bully 'beat me up' in the locker room. I did not raise a hand, not even to defend myself. I 'won'. He never picked on another person again........

Quote:
Interesting, I also decided to get some massage sessions recently, trying to get rid of deep tension. Will massage help because it dissolves blockages which then in turn leads to a better stillness of the mind or energyflow or what's the rationale behind that?
For me, if I could find a person who could do extremely deep tissue massage, it would help me to get 'there'. But then, who can get 1-4 hours of massages in a day?

[quote=deLord]So with the walking meditation you mean making each step consciously? I did that in a room but I will try it out in nature some time then :)[quote]

For the walking meditation 'to work', it mean just walking and not thinking. I would normally get lost. Before I started, I would turn around and look at the mountains. When I would come back, I would look for those mountains.

Quote:
How do I recognize a 'special place'? And what do you mean to do there - meditate?
To me, a 'special place', is a place where you are alone without any distractions.

Quote:
Lastly, maybe someone can give me advice on why it is worth investing many hours per day on sadhana instead of living an "ordinary" life. How can I convince myself that meditation is worth doing? I mean, I do meditate daily but you see, this is one of the reasons I started this thread: right now, I just believe that it will lead somewhere beyond material bounds. No one has shown me. I have no idea whether it helps for telepathy, healing abilities, anything useful or permanent bliss. It's not like muscle training where I can tell "yeah I can see my muscles growing BECAUSE OF the training". With meditation, I do it based on blind belief. I cannot tell whether it helps for anything - and this is after a few years of already doing it.

As for Siddhas, I can not say they are worthwhile. That is a personal choice. When I experience it, I am there basically for 'the ride'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜