View Single Post
Old 19-08-2023, 03:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by entenmanns
So what qualifies as a lucid dream? I had this dream a couple of months ago it was a terrible accident so real and unique considering most dreams i have are bits and pieces of things...
Hey there!

Dreams can be incredibly powerful, and it's not uncommon for them to leave a lasting impression, especially when they feel so real.

To answer your question about what qualifies as a lucid dream: A lucid dream is a type of dream where you're aware that you're dreaming. It's like a light bulb goes off in your head, and you suddenly realize, "Hey, this is just a dream!" Once you have that awareness, you might even be able to control some aspects of the dream or make decisions consciously.

From what you've described, it sounds like your dream was incredibly vivid and detailed, but it doesn't necessarily sound like it was lucid. If you didn't have that moment of realization that you were in a dream, then it probably wasn't a lucid dream.

I totally get why you'd be so affected by this dream, especially being an animal and nature lover. Sometimes our dreams pull from our deepest emotions and fears. It's okay to feel upset about it. Just remember, dreams are a natural part of our subconscious processing, and they don't always have a direct meaning or correlation to real life.