View Single Post
Old 17-12-2020, 08:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
That's just another perspective. There are zillions of perspectives. That author's perspective seems to be weaker than others' because it seems to be an intellectual exercise.

I believe that both intellectual and emotional perspectives are quite prone to error, and the only perspective available to us, to get the kind of answers that author is looking for, is intuition. Unfortunately most of us can't and don't even try using theirs.

If you're interested in those kind of questions, I suggest you try to tap into your inner source of knowledge and guidance, and consider anybody else's opinions just informative, including those disseminated by gurus and dogmas.

I agree. Especially about the last paragraph.

Each of the 8 billion points of view on this planet is valid and each has its own value. Telling people what 'the truth' is has long been doomed to failure. Groups have been formed over the centuries promoting beliefs of all kinds and these groups have been very concerned with embellishing their beliefs with 'proofs' of all kinds.
Each of us, and of everything else, is window observing the universe as it appears to each of us entities - all of these observations together 'create' the world as we know it.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.