View Single Post
Old 17-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for opening new gates of thought.
I think that all of you aim to be closer to God, even the atheists (as they read stuff on this forum).

I am not sure that all of you read the book... The book says that the idea of awareness of God is much stronger than just believing in God because you KNOW he exists.

The critical points:

1. It is well known that God cannot be defined. If we humans could define God then we limit him with our definition. Even Jesus knew that, and it can also be found in the Bible (see, for instance, Book of Job).

2. Everyone that believes in God (In the Jewdeo-Christian sense) knows that God is everything, even behind this universe. The book calls this "Everything" Nature. So, even the atheists know nature exists, with NO doubt, exists only in the sense that we can measure it or think about its possibilities of existence. If I am not wrong, this is exactly what the book "The Philosophers' sea" talks about. About that, the only difference between atheists and theists is that theists believe that God has consciousness. Otherwise, it would simply be NATURE. However, in the Judeo-Christian sense, God does not have any consciousness as we, humans, know it. He is undefined in our limited minds, of course, we can say he is infinite light etc... But, this is only a specific perspective of the true nature of God, which we HUMANS will NEVER know.

I was left confused...