View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 06:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
No worries Miss H, no-one else answers these questions either .

Hello Miss H: I also love the word void. Such an elegent way to put the unknowable into a box. A word for the lifespring of everything.

Hello God-Like:

I have to wonder if you are Diogenes incarnate... Your line of questioning certainly fits the bill :) Anyhow first are your questions summarized nicely by Miss H (thank you!):

- So when you had a direct experience of the void, did you have the word void come to mind as a realisation?
- Did your pure awareness have a thought about what the void is compared to what it isn't ?

These are the brief answers I would give. Assuming that I ever experienced anything like what you are suggesting.

1) no. No words came to mind and I was not inclined to reflect enough to put it into words. That's it. In multiple instances. So I was too overwhelmed to put it into words as I was instead trying to get a handle on what was happening. Immersed in the process fully. In some cases I was a bit alarmed and other times just focused to embrace the nature of it.

2) no. Being fully in the experience it did not occur to me to compare it to anything else. However I find the concept of "pure awareness" here to be confusing. I cannot even say now that it was that. Because to say "pure" implies I could compare it with "unpure". And that part of the question does not make sense. Either you are in it or you are not. So I cannot answer really relative to "pure".

My first encounter with the void was a time I was very stressed. I went to lie down and it was like somehow all the power suddenly went off and I lost all sensory activity. I was just suspended in nowhere with no body. I was helpless and quite in a panic because I was completely disconnected from my body but there was nothing I could do about it. I feared this was what complete psychosis was like and eventually my body would die. It was left to it's own devices and would be someone else's problem now and I was sorry for that.

Fortunately for me very quickly someone arrived and gave instructions how I could put myself back into my body. I believe that was Tara who helped me out of that jam. She spoke a language I did not understand but somehow her thoughts were clear and I knew what she was saying. First she told me to find my hands. So I thought about it and then became aware of my hands. So I did that and suddenly I became aware of my body lying down and hands at my sides.

Then she insisted (she was forceful but kind) that I immediately clasp them together in front of my heart like one would do in prayer. As soon as I did that a second set of hands appeared at my sides. I thought that was amazing and I thought that the first hands must have been etheric and the second set were by real body. But I repeated the steps putting those together suddenly I felt a third set and finally these were my real hands. That was such a relief that I finally could feel like a body again. So I took my hands and also clasped them together and the energy just wooshed through me and I felt like I was finally safe again and very grateful.

Another time I was in a car as a passenger and went into a very deep daydreaming trance. I saw this sort of black round-ish presence in empty dark space. It was a being of some sort mostly formless. I knew it was was aware of my presence. But sort of unsettling how I knew that it knew I was there but did not react at all to me. You could not talk to it or influence it in any way. It just sat there. It was like a staring contest but you were the only one staring and it was busy being. In hindsight now I'm pretty sure what that was I encountered is known as the Shiva Lingam. I had never studied enough Hinduism up until only recently to conclude that. But from what little I know that is the most likely source and seems to fit.

One more void encounter was during a healing session. I encountered this very deep feminine presence. It was also very dark like pure blackness. It was not empty at all I just remember it was like a fullness. An elemental form of that fullness. It's presence seemed to offer some kind of deep reassuring quality. Likewise I suspect this was Durga but similarly I did not know who she was at the time and I'm just guessing but seems to also make sense.

Both of those latter forms of void were primal or elemental. Sort of personal that I could relate to but also impersonal due to their primal nature.