Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient

Wow! I had no idea that Australia had such a problem with kangaroos!

That sounds very much like the problem we have here in Texas with wild hogs.

Here In Texas, the wild hog population has exploded and they are absolutely out of control and literally destroying things in there wake.

The state has encouraged ranchers and hunters to take hogs when ever possible in an effort to get the hog population under control.

Fortunately...they are very tasty and popular to eat.....it's too bad that the Aussies have not embraced kangaroo meat to a greater extent! (Gem would likely know something about that)

On my own property we hunt them often and my grandson Nick hunts them all the time....sometimes a couple of weekends a month or more... and we donate all the meat to homeless shelters who are grateful to have it!

Nicolas cut his teeth as a young boy bow hunting wild hogs and he's an expert at it and rather fearless too considering that big hogs (we're talking 300 to 500 pound wild hogs) in close quarters can be very dangerous.

He keeps a journal of his hunts and how many pounds of meat he's donated......for 2018 he's almost at 11,000 pounds!

And every bit of it donated to the homeless shelters through the Texas "Hunters for The Homeless" program.

A good afternoon of hog hunting along the Texas coast!!
Attachment 2732

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 18-12-2019 at 04:20 PM.