View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Ok I could hear an inner voice, saying ‘I’m not doing enough’
We generally think of a program or a full body as Push, Pull, Legs. And add 'the core' which is abs, obliques + spinal erectors and quadratus lumborum which stablise the lumbar spine as well.

You current program has no pulling for the back, which is rows, face pulls and lat pull downs.

Pushups take care of pushing well enough, but you could add dumbbell overhead press.

The core is getting some work but needs something like band Pallof press and/or side planks for obliques.

For legs I think split squats and step ups are great, walking lunges are also good, and the crab walks are excellent for hip stablisers. These all also work the glutes. Calf raises are important for the lower legs and foot arch, and best to add some hamstring work like single leg romanian deadlifts - they also work the glutes and spinal stablizers along with balance and foot strength, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfr6wizR8rs (preach)

The rows and facepulls will work the rear delt of the shoulders, so you just need a lateral raise or side raises for the side delts, the front delts will get enough work from pushing and overhead pressing. Adding some weighted shrugs is always a good idea.

The biceps get some work from pulling and the triceps get some work from pushing. But it doesn't hurt to do a few hammer curls. I select hammer curls because it also works the brachioradialis in the forearm. For triceps, laying dumbell skull crushers are excellent, or any sort of tricep extension is fine. However arms get some work get work with the Push and Pull, so it's just for that bit extra.

I think I covered all the muscles, and just you tube the name of any exercise.

The other way is youtube search workouts for muscle groups and get some ideas from that. Muscle groups are legs (calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes), core (abs and obliques), chest, shoulders, back and arms. Otherwise just Push workout, Pull workout, Leg workout. Watch a few and get a few ideas.

If it's going to be daily, the a week would be like Legs, push, pull, legs, push, pull, rest. that works with a 5 day rotation as well.

If it's 4 days then Push/pull, legs, rest, push/pull, legs, rest, rest.

If 3 days then full body with rest days in between.

There's different ways of breaking things up into days of course, but this is a general way of going about it.

Full range of motion, always control the weight.

Eat protein at every meal.