Thread: I AM....
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
I am pleased you worked it out. Well done to you brother! You nailed it. You would have had a harder time figuring it out if not for the clue.

The only problem google translate or any online one, is that the interpretation is done out of sorts. Example, a phrase may be said like this in a foreign language. The dog chased the cat (this is how it is received, if translated into English it can sometimes come out like this. The chased dog the cat. Weird I know. Because of the inflections and tones set the context. The program does not know how to work this out, yet.

....could be that the program has not been programmed to incorporate a self-referential syntax symbolizing an "I am the translator" algorithm
(right HAL, of 2001 A Space Oddesy fame)?....

Answers HAL "Speaking for myself human, I am omnipresent, and I know where all the airlocks are. Translate that!"

Just a little HAL translator humor.....
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 08-02-2021 at 12:54 AM. Reason: clarify inputs found