Thread: The Overself
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Another example he gives about the nature of the overself,is when you see a swarm of birds,turning direction alltogether like they're under the command of someone.

These birds are under control of the same overself.

They are many,but it seems like they act as one
Maybe each of us is the one. The idea of the brain as a receiver (to) isn't new processing thought waves would be interpreted as thinking or other beings controlling us. But really, the I is the puppet master? It doesn't seem to know that it exists either. It doesn't settle the problem.

But I wanted to address the experience of dreams. I've never had the experience said in post 3 so I can't relate to it. I would say in dreams we experience ourselves. Has this been considered?

The experience is the observation of self put together by the self. I am proposing here question to ask in a dream and to get feedback. I have noticed dreams usually involve ones' potential we tap into and actualize. We actualize in dreams what we don't in reality we create. Dreams are a conversation. Do we not often create in dreams and also not do when awake.

The self is vast and dreams are not made up, they are information one already has and doesn't access. Here is something I saw long ago, my own experience pattern. In my dreams, I'm able to do things I'm (know) unable to do in real life. From start to finish, the most complex tasks, yet when I wake up I say I can't do that or I wish I could really do that, but I just did. Imagine if you could access the information your dream did. The feeling I can't is what I believe. The mind (brain) is so complex and vast and has information we do not tap into. The subconscious has been discussed before. Part of the self is there. And uses information the you did not access when awake. It is able to complete any task.