View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 01:59 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
My point was that a single word isn't necessarily a conversation and for some recipients it could just as easily baffle or confuse them.
I'm not much interested in hypothetical scenarios because being honest, they really don't help. During my mediumship training with the SNU we were told that the important thing was to give proof of survival and I stay with that. I'm not there to have a conversation I'm there to affirm/confirm that their Loved Ones still exist in whatever way that may be 'beyond the grave'. If that proof of survival is no words, one word, one short sentence or a conversation then so be it. It doesn't matter that I have a conversation, what does matter is that the person I'm talking to has the realisation that their Loved Ones are still a part of their Lives however they may perceive that to be.

I never implied that a one word message was generally representative, I have always maintained that if the recipient perceived it as valid and/or it opened the door for them, then it's a valid message. As to whether it may or may not suit anyone else is hypothetical. My original point was that the one-word message was valid for the recipient regardless of what does or doesn't constitute a conversation.

What may or may not baffle others or what it may or may not be needed to open the door is more of a conversation for psychology rather than mediumship.