Thread: Who Are You?
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2021, 04:51 AM
AbodhiSky

That story just came to me when I was taking a shower and pondering some others posts I had just read so I would not expect too much from it. A lot of this stuff seems like channeling to me. The first part appeared to me, the core ideas or truths at the beginning, based on various things I've experienced understanding wise but then I think when I was writing it towards the middle and end my "ego" got mixed in with what I "channeled" or what appeared to my conscious awareness from something outside myself.

The first part is about human created reality. Like the names, religions, and names of land. It's amazing how many very popular religions of the past have disappeared. The ones we know today are the ones that survived. The naming of land is a pretty amazing thing if one ponders it deeply. How it becomes the name through cooperative conditioning.

To be aware of the difference between human (thought/idea) created reality and the reality that would be here even if no humans were here is a nice interesting thing to contemplate. But then it's a subtle thing I am writing about as obviously even the way light and sound waves appear is a "human" created reality but then many other life forms, animals and such, seem to have a similar perception. But then the thing translating those waves into perception is similar, animal brains. But then how do we know! We can't look through a dogs eyes for example. We assume a dog looking at us sees something similar to us, (though dogs have a very limited color range compared to us they can see, but a higher sound range - and researchers have various experiments and tests to learn) but the same shapes and what not. I was not talking about that (brain created reality or perception) but about thought/idea created or altered reality. Like naming land for example. Drawing a line in the dirt and saying this side is this country and that side is that one for example. No animal experiences that thought/idea human created reality through they may encounter fences and stuff built on the dirt.

As others posted the end part, the judgement part, does seems close to religion but then I saw all of that as metaphors when I was writing it. For example, there is no being determining who goes where. Not in the literal sense presented in the story anyway. I don't see God as a person though God does have an individual identity to me. But God to me is so advanced, so beyond something as mundane as one human life. (but within everyone and everything at the same time) To me, where we go is determined by our state of being, our accumulated karma, our state of self understanding, awareness etc. And then beings do have an input, more advanced beings, but these are far below something one would call God or the highest to me.

Then the last few lines, to me what matters in the end is how we treated others and ourselves. How much love we had and gave. What we did basically with other living things including this planet.