View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Ascender

The return of the cat man of Aleppo

These are excerpts from a feature written by Diana Darke which is currently available to read on the BBC website--(link at end of this post)

I thought others might find themselves as disturbed and yet uplifted I as I am having read it.

---" The cat man of Aleppo Mohammad Aljallel watched helplessly as his cat sanctuary was first bombed then chlorine gassed during the intense final stages of the siege if Aleppo."

---" when the city fell in December 2016 he left in a convoy, his van crammed with injured people and the last six cats from hid sanctuary"

He later managed to return to Aleppo--with a cat--and the article/story recounts how he now uses the care of animals as a means of helping people, especially children, to rebuild their broken lives and selves.

These few words do not do justice to the full account which can be viewed using this link I think. If it doesn't work I think entering the title of the feature---which is as I have titled this post--into the search box on theBBC news homepage will get you there anyway.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-47473772

Cheers. petex