Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altiana
Root:
Sensation: Grounded, Earthy, firm, deep tingling
Temperature: Warm, Hot when kundalini wakes and moves
Texture: Solid yet smoothly rough, like a smooth tree trunk
The way it moves: Direct
Speed, slow and steady paced, unless again, kundalini is awake, then it can be fast
It feels either like I'm rooted to earth with this chakra, or that I'm spacing and walking around outside myself, flighty, if it's off, not spinning right.

Thanks Altiana, running and Necromancer for sharing. Altiana your post about the root puts me in mind of how little I know about this amazing root chakra. I mean, I take it for granted. This is the earth dimension. This is ordinary gross reality, the body I take for granted. But I've been reading more about the root and the deeper stages of getting into the energy and consciousness of the root and it is so mindblowing - I'm just barely scratching the surface of it.

Do you know for instance, according to Sivananda's writings, that the yogi who really knows the root chakra is able to levitate off the ground?! To really master that gross dimension brings this super power, this "siddhis". And my teacher, Sri Vasudeva, says that the root connects us to infinity, same as the crown. The root chakra is the one that faces downward. It's the opposite pole of the crown. Yogananda also writes about it - all the chakras are connected to the elements "tattwas" and all these things - chakras, and tattwas, and pranas, and nadis - they all operate at physical levels, astral levels, causal levels and spiritual levels. It is mindblowing! And then I read Patanjali's Yoga Sutras - who writes in detail about the siddhis and the depths one can reach. And I'm still working on chakra awareness at the prana level! It's amazing. This earth dimension we all take so much for granted. Absolutely amazing!