View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Well, be gentle with yourself. We all get distracted ---I used to say 'Distraction is the enemy".
Picture if a baby crawls to the edge of the bed - we don't roughly pick it up and boom, place it back in the middle of the bed, no.
We gently just pick it up and gently place it in the safer center.
Same with a record needle - we ever-so gently place the needle back where we want it.

For me, it helps to surround myself with reminders of, (whatever you want to call 'it') love, Reality, God,
who we really are, what we really want...
That could be anything from books, videos , youtubes, movies, music, walking in nature,
volunteering at a senior center.
Place yourself gently in the midst of 'higher stuff'.

If a fat person wants to lose weight, do they buy cookies and surround themselves with temptations? No.
They put up photos of how they want to look in jeans and buy Fitness magazines, see what I mean?

And holy company is very important.
Hope this helps and welcome here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru