Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Master
ocean breeze, I can relate to changing your location/environment. I am currently planning to move away from California, selling my house and hope to leave in March 2021. I really like camping in California, it has a very diverse landscape.

But the wildfires with smoke that travels across the U.S., and I was even told by a friend in UK, that smoke from the U.S. west coast, mainly Northern California, Oregon, and Washington State, reached England. That’s like 5,000-miles away. But here we have to wear masks to not choke on the smoke, got to wear them anyway because of covid.

We also have a not so good utility company here (PG&E) who have lots of power outages, when high wind events may impact their transformers, etc. Their equipment is old and has been the cause of forest fires in the past. Also the cost of living is high here.

I have a sister in Belize and I may go there before moving to Panama; both places are more laid back, less stressful, and less expensive. But right now I am just boxing things up, doing research planning, and looking at my moving options. My health is the number one concern, and moving all by itself can be stressful. The last time I moved, sold my house, etc., I had a mini-stroke, a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA), which left no visible damage. Nonetheless, I have to be careful. My age-enhanced physical body is not what it used to be.