View Single Post
Old 28-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Knower

It's my understanding that the soul/consciousness/spirit/etc is a field inside which our physical bodies sit. Think of mobile phone signals being everywhere at once, and the phone sits inside that field.

I understand our brains to comprise of biological architecture/circuitry which acts as a filter to the consciousness field. Some brains filter in more (which is why I think we have extremely talented/intelligent/comedic/etc people), some filter less consciousness, which is why we're not all geniuses. A comparison can be made with the latest iphone, and the oldest Nokia. Both are receiving the same signals, but one phone has the inner architecture to receive it in a different way, and do more things. The other, very basic. Either phone could develop a problem in which a small piece of the circuitry/architecture stops working correctly, but the rest of the phone continues to function normally.

I understand that mental illness is perhaps a brain architecture/circuitry feature, and that any particular brain like this receives and interacts with consciousness in a way which causes the person in question to be distressed.

I believe that once the body (and of course the brain) dies, that person's consciousness is released from the constraints of their brain, and, if the person chooses, immediately goes through some sort of healing or purification process, (like the way our bodies do when we injure ourselves) and retains any lessons learned through their particular incarnation.