View Single Post
Old 26-01-2023, 08:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
this was originally part of a response to another thread but I felt like it would be better divorcing it from that and putting it here..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my view, scientists are more about trying to get agreement with each other than just about anything else. Hence the need to always be 'proving' things, and doing independent confirmations of things.

There are many fields of science full of normal people wanting to find answers to many questions. Just like you and I in fact.
Should there at any time be a conspiracy -and it happens - the false evidence is quickly exposed and the necessary steps taken.
No scientist will ever tell you that he/she has proof of anything - that's the whole beauty of research, a new discovery can throw a new light on something which seemed to be fairly conclusive.

It happens of course that certain facts or results of scientific research come up with answers that don't suit everyone. Science doesn't say for instance that ghosts don't exist, it just says that there is no evidence that they exist. There are plenty of similar examples.

One thing is clear, science has moved us on tremendously in the past 300 years, the best is yet to come and trying to comprehend what life will be like in even 1000 years lies outside our ability.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.