View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 05:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thank you for sharing this, ajay00

This part makes me feel sad:

I feel the only worthwhile thing for me to do is to guide sincere seekers. That gives me the greatest satisfaction. However, there are few sincere seekers. Janaka said after getting enlightened by Ashtavakra. “Why are there not more Ashtavakras?” Ashtavakra said, “The shortage is not of Ashtavakras but of Janakas.” In all these years, I have understood that. I used to think that even if a mad elephant was rushing towards me, I would answer the questions of a spiritual aspirant. But there are few true seekers.

Thank you again for sharing,

JL

Hey, you are welcome Janielee.

Nice point you got there. Hope you become a Janaka or ideal student yourself and become enlightened one day. Notice that Janaka rhymes with your name as well !

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon