View Single Post
Old 17-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
Um... no. It is 'NASA pyramids on the moon' stuff, not my thing.

It has 4 references to that in the book; you can certainly disregard that part entirely (I did), and still glean some interesting insights. It's an exhaustive look at Serpent references throughout all cultures. Yes, the author extrapolates his own interpretation, but you don't have to agree with him.

Sorry, I didn't mean that the pyramid/Mars stuff was the only problem I had with it! A quick look in the Amazon reader produced a gigantic modern mythological pop-religious tract about serpents and dragons battling their Christian enemies, including its own creation myth, details of angels as aspects of the 'primal serpent', serpents moving between planets with ease etc. etc. And the publisher, I notice, also produces a few volumes on anti-gravity! This is not a mere catalogue of 'serpent references'... :)

What I meant was, like Chrysateos I have a lot to read, and there are plenty of sources on serpent imagery, myth and history without going to that kind of thing. I notice the authors are also offering tours to serpent religious locations!

That said, if it is your thing, go for it. It ain't mine, that's all.