View Single Post
Old 23-12-2019, 01:10 PM
Master

What actions can I take to promote better relationships?
4 of Pentacles rev, Knight of Cups.

Something in this 4 of Pentacles rev tells me that not only is it about being willing to be more vulnerable, but it is literally also in learning to be a better listener. Knight of Cups suggests to me that it's time to "do" more things with friends- ie stop having text- /phone-based friendships, and do old fashioned spending quality time together stuff. This'll be easier after I move :)

Q: What's a key lesson I learned in 2019 that will really help me out in 2020?

oh god

9 of Cups, The Moon, The Star rev

I 'get' these cards so much. The latter two are how I've felt for much of the past 6 years - uncertain, like I was floundering - and I poured a lot of energy out in the hope that it would take me to a better place, assuming that hard effort would equal results. What I forgot - but fortunately DID learn in 2019 - was that I've had everything I ever critically needed or wanted to make me happy all along. It wasn't in the big flashy things I felt I needed to be happy. It was the basic foundations, like your friends, your family, and being around social support that was really important. I was so much more at peace with life when I stopped "wanting more" and started being more happy and grateful for the little things, content to embrace who I was (flaws and all). Happiness truly is a state of mind.