Thread: Meditation
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 10:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
One definition for meditation in Sanskrit is familiarization. In essence it's becoming familiar with mind and different techniques have a different "feel" of familiarization, at least to me.

So yes, it makes sense but I wouldn't call it regressing. If anything I'd call it advancement via exploration of new territory.

I'd also say unless one has massive amounts of time, immense dedication and a strict regimen with seasoned guidance it's beneficial to stay with the least number of techniques that get the job done.

Broadly speaking I'd say a focused concentration technique, an effortless technique and a technique to cultivate positive qualities. For me that's mindfulness (either breath or sound), do nothing/just sitting and a bit of loving kindness.

I like how you look a things.. particularly this question. Your answer is glass half full. As you can tell, I'm a work in progress. I do see your point.. and it will stick. As of late, during meditation, I'm allowing it to happen. Forcing things to happen pushes whatever you're trying to achieve away. It's been a process.. but one I'm enjoying.