View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Oh, Jeez, I so hope all the positivity isn't misplaced.....

Talk of returning to normal is plain barmy and even a new normal may take a very long time to establish - and we likely will not care for it one bit.

OK I'm Mr Half-full as my wife loves to remind me but the depth-of-tint of some folk's rose-tinted glasses is such that they may not be seeing very clearly at all - more wishful thinking than realism.

I just HOPE I'm wrong, I hope the virus mutates into a near-benign version that just gives folk the sniffles mentioned by a certain national leader some months ago. But it probably won't happen like that.

Where are all those who claim they can look into the future? What are your predictions along with the relevant time frame?
. In the U.S. I Hurd there's 35 different vaccines in the final stages of testing. From the beginning it's been a race for the pharmaceutical companies to find one. The company to find one first wins and will collect the profits. Also with almost a bottomless pit of money going into finding a vaccine I am feeling positive.
I am just hunkered down and waiting it out until it happens.
Hopefully sooner than later. I am starting to make up my own language, roast beef has turned into roast beast along with other words.