Thread: OIL PULLING
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osian
Im on day two of oil pulling, can't wait to see if the results, it sounds amazing. Anyone on here uses it?

I have been doing it for probably a year now. I do it at least 4 times a week but sometimes I do it 6 times a week, it just depends on how the week is going. (It doesn't work in my schedule to do it in the mornings so I do it in the evening which the vast majority of the time isn't an issue.)

I can't speak to if my toxin load in my body is less because I am already doing so many things for my health that natural detoxify, but it definitely could be contributing.

I use sesame seed oil. When I first started I used coconut oil but I am a strong Kapha in ayurveda and coconut oil is WRONG for me. My joints started hurting so bad--which I assume was fluid buildup--that it felt like I was developing arthritis, but when I switched to sesame oil the joint pain went away completely.

Where you will notice the most change from a great routine in oil pulling is with your teeth and trips to the dentist. I don't know how the heck it does it but oil pulling actually cleans all the tarter/plaque from your teeth and they are so smooth it feels like you just came back from a cleaning at the dentist!

I recently had a teeth cleaning from a dentist, and because of a crazy intense work schedule it had been two years since my last cleaning, but I got praised up and down from the hygienist at what a good job I was doing with my oral health! That was the easiest and fasted cleaning I have ever had at the dentist, and that in itself is worth doing it for me!