View Single Post
Old 22-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
IM dislyxic, thanks for noticing!

Im sorry, like I SAID its really cut and dry, but thats is essentially, the history of judeism as most scholars see it proven with archeology. Theres proof of everything I said. Just because your a rabbi doesnt mean you know the entire archeological history of your people. To be fair that doesnt mean I know everything, but I know what many, many people who DO know say.

Just as I am aware of the limitations of relying on scripture alone, I am also aware of the limitations of current scholarship.

If you really read the literature you would realize how vast it is and yet just how little we know about certain things with any certainty and just how much disagreement there is within the academic community. Furthermore, you might be surprised at the ferocity of the debates between well respected, knowledgeable and experienced scholars in their fields. This is true whether the topic is the general history of the Jewish people, the development of its scripture or the development of the religion of Judaism.

B'shalom,

Peter