View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Master
Depends what you mean by fairies. If you mean flower fairies it's quite easy: a beautiful flowergarden and roses etc. You can Google fairy plants/flowers.
If you mean the Faerie, also sometimes called 'the little folk', the ones people (used to) fear... then I feel it's a bit more tricky to do in a small garden. You'd then have to resort to plants, bushes etc that fit in a smaller garden. You can still use Google or a good book to find out which ones, and make a choice that appeals.
It's strong, raw and pure energy, so not one of them cute overly tidy gardens. It should be more of a natural looking garden. If you have room for a shrub, you can hang dangly shiny things in it, which can be pieces of an earring, necklace or whatever. A well-tuned small chime, NOT a bamboo one or a loud, off-key chime. Meaning not one of them cheap things that look nice but sound horrible. A sweet, tingling gentle chime that softly tingles when there's a breeze.
You can have flowers but go for wildflowers, bluebell for instance, not cultivated flowers.
Hawthorn, hazel, rowan are also fairy bush/trees, but not always possible to plant in a smaller garden.
I thought of planting hawthorn in my garden as I too was creating a Faerie garden in a section. But I know they can grow to be quite big in the end and eat up more space than I'd like it to have. Plus, if you decide it's in the wrong place and want to move it... I'm not keen on doing that with a tree that so strongly connected with the Faerie. It'd disturb them, you'd have to communicate with them to see if they're okay with it etc. etc.
I simply decided against it.

I also have these small daffodils in my Faerie garden, the tete-รก-tete. These come back each year and should grow in numbers too :) I don't feel tulips are Faerie plants, but these small daffodills, yes!!
If you got space and can get your hands on it: I got a tree trunk in my Faerie garden. Not just a trunk, but the part with roots on it. I got it from people who had to dig up a tree in their garden.
I also like a Faerie garden to be a tad hidden, separated from the rest of the garden, even though it's part of it and of course still connected.
And of course there's water... if you have space for a (smaller) water element...

Hope this helps a bit!
Enjoy :)

Anywho, here's a page I found on plants that are connected with the Faerie, mind you, NOT the flower fairies:
https://www.groveandgrotto.com/blogs...he-faery-dozen