Thread: letting it go
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Your going to have to let it go. You can not change the past. If he is no longer using and abusing,than you need to move forward and support each other.
My husband(now separated) had a pain killer addiction(he was an athlete) and thankfully, he got help when I became pregnant with our first child. Yes.I know how IT feels to see someone suffer in addiction and it almost destroy a family. I also know the financial damage it does. Perhaps,understand that he fell in weakness and the reality is,he is probably not as strong as you. We hold men in such high pedestals like they are King,and the truth is,even the King falls in weakness.

To answer your question.How do you change those feelings? I think once you come to terms with YOURSELF and accept the fact that it happened and you cant change what happened.Perhaps,its forgiving him for what happened and letting it go.“Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different, it's accepting the past for what it was, and using this moment and this time to help yourself move forward.”