View Single Post
Old 30-01-2006, 03:18 PM
DASA

Re: THE MEANING OF LIFE::idea:

Hi Enligthener - I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions in response to your post. :-)

"The meaning of Life, as I understand it, is to be in a state of awareness of Who You Really Are or/and Who You Choose To Be."

But if you 'Really Are' something, then how can you choose to be it? Are both possible, or is it one or the other?

In fact, there is no meaning to life. Life is meaningless. (That's a hard blow to the ego isn't it) There is no meaning to life because there is nothing we have to do in order to live.

But surely we all have to perform some work. It's impossible to actually 'do nothing', even if you sit in meditation you are still doing something ... then there's breathing, and eating etc...

Back to the first point: Who You Really Are is God. Buddha, the energy of the universe or the Devil, whatever you wish to call it is up to you but I think that most of us here agree on the same understanding of "God".

What evidence is there that we are actually God? We are conscious, but then couldn't God be an entirely different entity? There is quite a bit of debate about this theory, and I wouldn't say there was a general concensus on the exact nature of God? ;-)

The meaning of Life is thus to be aware that you are God (Buddha, Chi, Life, Energy, Change, whatever you call it), and to live life with this awareness.

But if there is 'no meaning to life' then how can this be The meaning?

Now, the purpose of Life is to experience Who You Choose To Be. As with the meaning, there is no true purpose to Life apart from that which you give it. Who You Choose To Be can be anything that you can imagine and is done the instant you enter the realm of the Relative (For you already know Who You Really Are in the realm of the Absolute...(God)).

But then one could ask 'who doesn't experience who they choose to be?'. Pretty much everyone does this. What about a serial-child-rapist, is he just experiencing 'who he chose to be'? Doesn't there have to be some discrimation along the line?

Please don't take me the wrong way, I'm just trying to see where you're coming from on this one?

Gouranga,

your servant,

Das