View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 10:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Honesty.

Above all else I value honesty. It doesn't matter what flaws they have (well, within reason) but they have to be honest about it.

Honesty seems to be be extremely rare nowadays. Most people lie through their teeth. I've lost a lot of - so-called - friends because I discovered they were lying to me. So I left. No point hanging around if one discovers the other person is a lying hound.

The biggest liars are people who make a big fuss of constantly declaring how "honest" and "truth loving" they are. I mean I know we all say this sometimes because it's important, but I mean people who are constantly harping on about it. I've known people who made a big show of putting sayings about how truth loving they are on their social media accounts, only for them to scam others and commit the most heinous of crimes. It's always the way. Look at known scammers' online profiles and you will see endless declarations about how "God fearing" they are and how they are so "honest and trustworthy" and "value honesty".

All the pathological liars I've come across thought they were ever so smart because they managed to deceive me, and that I was stupid.

What they didn't know was - I always found out they were lying.

I just didn't tell them. Because there's no point - it would achieve nothing other than them getting even more cunning with their next victim, and the next victim not standing a chance of discovering they are being lied to.

So I simply left. It's all one can do once one finds out a person who is supposed to be a friend is lying. Just leave, no explanation is necessary.

I'd rather stand with God
And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God