View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Master
Sorry about the late reply ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
No I don't no nothing about how it will go down.LOL
No? It seems to me, that if people do not toe the traditional line (whatever the line it is?), they are (in general) claimed as frauds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It still does not change my point. I relate to the language of the video more than I relate to what little I heard(audio book) from Castaneda.
Now - toeing the general line – I found it curious, that Castaneda didn’t need to become a solid member of a tribal group (with its lifelong obligations and its privileges) first - before he was taught.

In the social (family or clan) shamanic sense – the Huihcol Deer Shamen conduct of behaviour – is easy to understand. But what do we know about the “Wolf Shamanism”?
Quote:
Unlike the majority of shamans who become consubstantial with Deer-person by eating his peyote-heart, singing, and performing communal rituals, the shamanism of the Wolves is practiced apart from the community.

When I was a child, the apprentice of a famous shaman (an old woman by then), was a hermit.
Personal history stories about her ‘miraculous’ healings were told, but nobody in the village she lived in actually knew her. In general, to the rest of the population, she remained a total enigma, whereas the shaman who taught her was a total extravert, who apart from his healings – became famous by challenging the invader’s rules and people’s perceptions of reality. The only thing that was ‘traditional’ was his tribe’s ‘shaman bird’ medicine bag he carried.

Some stories Castaneda told about this ‘Genaro-character’ are like leaves from ‘our’ shaman’s book, or perhaps from the book : “Aboriginal Men of High Degree” by A. P. Elkin.
Perhaps Castaneda had read about them in library? Who knows?

No matter how integrated or ‘married’ into Oz Aboriginal society or group, or how some of ‘our’ shamanic practices may have parallels – there is no way in the world, that I could ever become an Oz Aboriginal.
Even though Aborigines, hands down - in my experience - have been the most ‘non-dual’ people I have ever met! (but that is another level, as non-duality does not equate sameness of historical background nor race).
But you really do need a proven legal permission to talk about ‘Aboriginal culture’ (in general) though not the secret-sacred stuff, which you may or may not know.

But when “whites” integrate into Native American practices and knowledge, they seem to expect validation as “Amerinds”.
Why is that?
And where is the permission to legally speak for XYZ?
Because they think ‘practices’, 'knowledge' and ‘membership of a tribe’ equates ‘identity’ and gives them the right to speak for them?

Belaney, Archibald Stansfeld:
https://gutenberg.ca/ebooks/greyowl-.../img-front.jpg

Last edited by sentient : 06-08-2021 at 05:22 AM.