View Single Post
Old 29-11-2020, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
''Taoist thought focuses on genuineness, longevity, health, immortality, vitality, wu wei (non-action, a natural action,
a perfect equilibrium with tao), detachment, refinement (emptiness), spontaneity, transformation and omni-potentiality.''
My most memorable experience with Taoism was in the 1980s when I went to a Taoist monastery in Chengdu, China.

Through my interpreter, I asked a number of questions to the monks and the responses were .... okay. The monks then introduced me to the abbot to whom I addressed more questions and his answers were .... okay.

I was then admitted to the presence of "The Master" but, to my surprise, I was not allowed to bring my interpreter with me. I immediately mentioned that I did not speak Chinese and asked if "The Master" spoke English. The monks assured me, "It doesn't matter".

Three hours later, I emerged from the one-on-one session and indicated that all my questions had been answered .... to my complete satisfaction .... without words. What transpired cannot be adequately described in words but, since then, I have always viewed Taoism with the utmost respect.