View Single Post
Old 27-09-2021, 01:20 AM
Suspended
Master
Many beers ago, I pondered the significance of spiritualism, more specifically, I thought to someone who believes in spirits, the afterlife, whatever, the concept of an incarnate spirit, ie. spirit in a physical body gives our life here some sort of transcendence. Atheists, on the other hand, think the mind and conciousness comes from the brain and after death your mind and conciousness is gone forever. If spirit has some sort of special state or status separate from physical matter, then maybe spirit is unique relative to physical matter. After reading about the aether theories, I thought there might be a spirit aether. Maybe God is the spirit aether. Later, I thought that maybe spirits and the spirit world are made from the same aether that physical matter is made from. In this case, it seems similar to the aethiest's concept of the mind and conciousness. Maybe, there are spirit based subatomic particles similar to neutrinos, for example. If this was true then spirits can be created and destroyed like physical matter. Is eternal life possible in the spirit world?