Thread: Wild Weather
View Single Post
Old 29-12-2015, 06:07 AM
Master
It's sad/bad to hear of all those storms and flooding in England right now...South America as well...and in the Northern Territory of Australia, due to monsoonal troughs.

El Nino is pretty bad one this year.

In Australia, it is late December/early January - mid summer and it's been like an 'English Summer' so far.

I think we've had 2 days in Sydney where it's been over 30 Deg C, but for the past couple of weeks, we've reached temperatures of between 16-23 Deg C...although, I am not complaining. I prefer the milder weather.

Thing is, it's like somebody has drawn a line through the middle of Australia and made another 'tropic' well below the Tropic of Capricorn...above that, we have floods, storms and swollen rivers and below that, there's droughts, bushfires and no water whatsoever...the government should be building more north to south irrigation pipes, like the Snowy Mountains Scheme, but way bigger, so the southern states can benefit from the monsoon rains...

Poor old Lake Menindee has been empty for 4 years...I was glad to go to Broken Hill while it was still full and the township still had water...2,000 kms to the north of it, houses and towns are under water.

Yeah, a 'sunburnt country' of 'droughts and flooding rains'...that's about the size of it, but the weather has been atrocious, unseasonal and totally out of character.