View Single Post
Old 19-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Experiencer

I would suggest not using them in your reiki practice, unless only on yourself - unless you are qualified to use essential oils. Qualifications and insurance are sensible if you are wanting to use them on other people, especially as oils can have varying effects on people and can exacerbate certain conditions if not used carefully (skin conditions to mental conditions).

I have purchased oils through oils4life and amazon, but I haven't been looking for specific brands. A higher-quality oil is better for massage, but for fragrancing and oil burning purposes you don't need to pay through the nose.

If you're looking at all of the above brands and the difference is a couple of £ here and there, there's a pretty good chance they are the same oil but you'll be paying the extra £ for brand. You do not always have to pay a premium price for a quality oil (some sites will say this, mostly those charging the high price). I don't think I've ever paid more than £3 for lavender and when drop-tested on tissue it evaporates cleanly without leaving a mark - a sign the oil has not been mixed with a carrier.