View Single Post
Old 28-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Master
Considering converting to Islam...

It's not the first time I have considered it. But it is the first time I have struggled with talking myself out of it.

A long time ago I started an activism endeavor that really made me take a look into the faith and I fell in love. I never believed Islam or Muslims to be bad and I thought there had to be a way to get people to see that deep down the majority of humanity regardless if faith all hold the same ideals.

It was on the back of an argument here that I was inspired to tackle the issue of Honor Violence through a worlwide candlelight vigil. This was years ago and really hit its peak for support last year when I was in a better place all around to pour energy into it.

Now, (mind you this is not a political debate but it is relevant to mention)with a growing hate on all things muslim and a presidential candidate in the pool who is propogating that... Combined with the fact that I was faced with my own mortality last week when I had a pulmonary embolism... I am feeling not only like I should convert but that I should make a statement about it openly to my family, in large part who all worship the aforementioned politician, to challenge them to not only love a muslim but potentially see the humanity in other muslims... I want to stop religious persecution in my country before it starts. Maybe I am misguided... Idk.

It didn't make the decision any easier when I looked up the local mosque and found it had been attacked with moltov cocktails on more than one occasion.

Looking for advice. My husband thinks I would be doing it for the wrong reasons.