View Single Post
Old 14-04-2012, 05:25 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
This thread is about members on this forum, giving advice to vulnerable people speaking of suicide....We on the forum don't truly know anyone on here,(unless of course we are friends in the flesh or family to them)...so we can be told anything by anyone without a way of actually knowing anything about them....to give such advice as to condone suicide to anyone on a forum is grossly irresponsible......telling someone you are contemplating such an act is a cry for help, not for encouragement to do it....... It is anyones choice of course to go through with the act (as it well maybe their path), but it is not our right to encourage this act in anyway.....that is my firm belief on this matter.....
I offer you my condolences for the sad losses in your life.....Peace xx

It does seem that we have drifted away from the essence of the issue.

Starting this thread i was concerned with people encouraging suicide in anyway shape or form based on some members personal experience and spiritual beliefs that there is an attractive afterlife awaiting all of us.

Seems that the thread has drifted toward 'if it is valid for people to have the choice to end their life early'. This confuses the issue for me and leaves me wondering if some members are challenging that encouraging suicide in any way shape or form is acceptable.

The whole suicide issue is very complex and i would like to debate it in other threads though i hope that we get this thread back on track so that others can clearly see what the masses have to say on this one very important subject , which is:

Q) Is "encouraging someone to end their life early" in any way shape or form acceptable?