View Single Post
Old 21-07-2021, 06:07 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhu999
I have, but because there's no physical abuse happening, I don't qualify for any services. That's why passive aggression is so frustrating to deal with because it's not something you can weigh or measure or report.

No referrals for a therapist? Emotional abuse is still abuse. Did you explain that you were required to be the parent to your siblings when you were a young child? Did you explain your dependence because you never learned the skills to be on your own?

Do you have the financial means to move out? Maybe rent a room with someone looking for a roommate? Move and cut off all contact. If you have a cellphone, change your number. Don't let these people find you. Look for a support group for emotional abuse victims online. Search online for emotional/narcissistic abuse survivors groups.

I would think that moving out and cutting off contact is essential and the first step. Have you thought about looking for help in another church? Not evangelical but maybe Presbyterian, Universal, Methodist -- Not the church you belong to or a church of the same denomination. Churches often offer counseling services. I don't belong to any church and walked away from religion as a teen so I can't offer an opinion as to which denomination to go to, but the nonevangelical churches tend to be more accepting and no 'fire and brimstone; you're going to hell' talk.