View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 08:46 AM
Master
People don't realise how big it is getting, but Strike, the Bitcoin payments platform (also called the lightning network) is being integrated into the biggest retail vendor platforms in the world, like Shopify, Paypal, Square and others.

El Salvador made Bitcoin it's legal currency last year (alongside the US dollar) and now Mexico is thinking about doing the same thing. No one wants to be beholden to the US dollar anymore because they can just freeze and seize all of your reserves. That is not possible with Bitcoin because no owns Bitcoin. It's literally global, and Bitcoin transactions are peer to peer without intermediaries such as Banks or the Swift Messaging system.

It's going to happen pretty quickly that countries will hodl bitcoin like gold reserves and declare it as a national currency, and now that the big retail platforms and payment services are integrating with Lightning, bitcoin is becoming more mainstream as a common global currency - beyond any border as any one country's money.

This will, in the long term, make Bitcoin the global reserve. No one wants another country's money to control their energy, and be subjected to sanctions just because the USA can. The old way simply cannot win this. People now know Bitcoin is safe, reliable, fair, and treats everyone the same no matter what.

This means all the people that the banks oppress by denying access to financial services can participate Global economy. I can send my family coin anywhere in the world by touching my phone. They do not need a bank account - but Bitcoin can;t just be spent anywhere - yet - though that is coming fast.