View Single Post
Old 14-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Guide

Thank you for your insight Taoistscholar! Your detailed reply has shown me that a multi-pronged approach may be needed as the mind, body and spirit all work together.

In my personal case, I am fortunate enough to not have experienced many physical pains or ailments from these emotions taking root and manifesting on a physical level. I do pretty well listening to my body and looking for any emotional/spiritual reason that may cause anything to arise before it becomes a major issue. However, I am concerned with emotions that are so deeply rooted that your conscious mind can't access them. For example, I have traced back through patterns and life events of my own that point to stemming from specific emotions. I believe we attract similar circumstances, people, and events in our lives in order to overcome these emotions so we can eventually heal. I've traced back the furthest in my memory that I can access, and it must be something from childhood or even a past life that I cannot bring to consciousness.

I suppose what I'm saying is, in order to heal it wouldn't I need to consciously know what or where it stemmed from to know what approach to take in healing the root cause?